freeze drupal sites
freeze is a servus.at initiative
Are you tired to update not-anymore-edited drupal sites?
freeze is a shell script that converts drupal sites (LAMP sites) to HTML static ones (LA-- sites)
Github source: firstname.lastname@example.org:jaumet/freeze.git
freeze script - README file
This is the documentation for the freeze.sh script.
PURPOSE: Create an HTML version of a drupal site from the server were the target drupal is.
It is useful when you don't want to maintain old drupal sites
that are not edited anymore.
freeze.sh is a way to archive drupal sites.
- Tested with drupal-5.23 and 6.19.
- Tested in 2011 in updated Debian & Ubuntu standard machines.
- httrack: for mirrowing the site.
- Write permissions in:
- [/tmp/] resp. $WORKDIR
- freeze has been tested from the server were the drupal to freeze is.
- Edit freeze.sh to cange the working directory:
- Edit freeze.sh to fix the path to drupal settings.php file:
Usage: freeze.sh [domain] [local_path]
- The old URLs (like http://[site url]/?q=node/3) will work after freezing the site as .
(Using .htaccess RewriteRules)
- The script does the code & DDBB backUp in your $WORKDIR directory.
- Adapt the freeze script to more web applications: CMS, wikis, etc
freeze.sh is a servus.at promoted project
Copyright (C) 2010, Jaume Nualart & servus.at. Catalunya & Austria. Europe
Licensed under the GNU GPL 3
Authors: Jaume Nualart (jaume AT nualart.cat), Chris Hager (chris AT metachris.org),
Kenneth Peiruza (kenneth AT contralaguerra.org & Peda (peda AT servus.at).
Barcelona - Catalonia - UE - December 2010
Contact/Comments: jaume AT nualart.cat